Monday, October 20, 2008

Michelle Bachmann: Obama will impose 'climate change' tax which will cost 40 trillion dollars

This woman really has a lot of talent for lying and making things up, according to the 'Think Progress' report below, she appeared in a Minneapolis’ local CBS affiliate to deny she said what she said (Listen to her words in the videos below)

Since I saw the live program on Hardball and heard her call into question the 'Americanism' of Obama and members of Congress and called for the media to look into it, she really said all those things, so I just wanted to hear her denials.

What I heard in the CBS affiliate interview made me do a double take, besides calling into question Obama's affiliations by saying 'I'm not saying that his views are anti-American,that was a misreading of what I said...'

This is what she claims 'change with Obama' will mean: 'a tremendous climate change tax that will cost us 40 trillion dollars' and 'taking away the right of the secret ballot from the common worker'.

Where does she takes from that 40 trillion dollars figure? This statement is outrageous, I looked up the National Debt Total in Wikipedia just to put matters into perspective.
On 30 September 2008, the total U.S. federal debt passed the $10 trillion mark, for the first time[2], with about $32,895 per capita (that is, per U.S. resident). Of this amount, debt held by the public was roughly $5.3 trillion.[3]
40 trillion dollars Climate Change Tax?

We are going upside down and besides ourselves with the $700 billion bailout to 'rescue' us from 'the worst economic disaster since the great depression' , let me see, if I'm correct, the bailout is a little over 2/3 of a trillion, is she actually saying that Obama will impose a 'climate change' tax which will cost 43+ times as much?

And how will Barack Obama take away the right of the secret ballot from the common worker? let's hope somebody asks her to explain those statements.

Aurora

Bachmann Lies, Denies She Ever Called Barack Obama’s Views ‘Anti-American’»

Think Progress

After right-wing Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) appeared on MSNBC’s Hardball on Friday and called for a McCarthyite investigation into the “anti-American views” of members of Congress, she has come under a withering storm of criticism. Her opponent — Democrat Elwyn Tinklenberg — has raised $640,000 since Bachmann’s comments. This morning, Bachmann tried to undo the damage. Appearing on WCCO (Minneapolis’ local CBS affiliate), Bachmann denied she ever called Barack Obama’s views “anti-American”:
HOST: You do feel his [Obama’s] views are anti-American?
BACHMANN: I feel his views are concerning. I’m calling on the media to investigate them. I’m not saying that his views are anti-American. That was a misreading of what I said. And so I don’t believe that’s my position. I’m calling on the media to take a look at what his views are.



That’s a lie. Here’s what Bachmann said on Hardball:
CHRIS MATTHEWS: So you believe that Barack Obama may have anti-American views?
BACHMANN: Absolutely. I’m very concerned he may have anti-American views.

In her Hardball appearance, Bachmann said, “The news media should do a penetrating exposé” into the “views of the people in Congress and find out if they’re pro-America or anti-America.”



Powered by FeedBurner

No comments: